Sunday, January 9, 2011

Texas Texas Texas

So we have been here in Texas for about two and a half weeks. Its really gone by fast, not sure if that is because we fit in so easily here or if its just because life has been so busy and stressful since we've been here. I guess the jury is still out on Texas. Ben and I like living in a bigger city and we are trying not to rely on the GPS too much, although I don't know what we would have done without it. Moving here was quite the adventure. We got to visit my Glover family down in Kanab! It was so great that they could have us stay a night in there home, wish we could have seen more of them though :( We tried to make the trip fun by going to some cool places to eat on the way. First stop was Ben's choice, a restaurant that he used to work at in Sandy. It was his first job, a pizza place called Dion's. He loved it and has not stopped talking about it since. This is him in Albuquerque New Mexico. The next fun stop we made was Ben's choice too, we are avid food network watchers and on Man vs. Food he takes on a 72oz steak plus sides in one hour, at a place called the Big Texan! So we stopped there for lunch the next day in Amarillo. There were two guys taking on the challenge, one of which succeeded while we were there. This is a pic of the two guys on stage and the count down clocks behind them. Finally we arrived in Fort Worth Texas and although its been stressful since we arrived just as I was approaching my 36th week, the ward as well as Ben's co-worker, Rusty, have been so great to us helping us move in, showing us around and even inviting us over for dinner! I have found doctor and sorted out all the insurance mess for baby Kenedi so now all there is to do is wait for our little girl to arrive. Ben is getting more and more impatient every day, and I think I am just getting more nervous.... He literally asks me all the time if I can't just push her out now or if we can get induced early. At 10 days away I think it is the perfect amount of time.

2 comments:

  1. This made me cry...I'm glad you had fun, hopefully we'll be down soon to see my baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't believe you guys are really gone. We miss you a ton and wish we could just chill. I'm excited to come visit this summer. I'm sure you'll have all the good restaurants scoped out and everything all figured out by then and be calling Texas home. So excited for the arrival of Kenedi, I'm expecting a call, or at least a text as soon as she comes! love you guys

    ReplyDelete