Sunday, January 30, 2011

Our little two week old


KENEDI SARA SAMPSON was born on January 15th 2011. She was 9 lbs 3.5oz and boy was mom glad she came a week early, if she had been much bigger than that I don't think I could have done it. No one expected her to be this big just 6 days before she was born she was estimated at 7lbs..... they were wrong.


Everything went pretty smoothly. My water broke at midnight exactly the night of the 14th (weirdest thing that has ever happened to me). We went to the hospital and I started fairly regular contractions around 12:30. Got the epideral around 4:00 am and slept for a few hours. I wasn't progressing so the gave me a higher dose of patosin and within a few hours I went from a 3 to a seven then everything went really fast and she came at 2:36 pm.

She had some strong lungs, screaming and screaming. Daddy got to hold her for a minute and then she settled down once she got back with me. The most amazing experience either of us has ever experienced. We both broke down a little at the sight of this little angel.


All three of us hated the hospital so we were glad when we finally got to come home. When we left she had dropped to 8lbs 10oz which is pretty normal. Her one week appointment brought her back up to 8lbs 13oz so she is back on the rise. She is a big girl and and the best baby ever. She already sleeps for about 5-6 hours every night, hopefully that keeps up, and she hardly ever cries except when she is getting changed. This girl hates being naked!
We think she is beautiful, but I guess we're biased. We love her like crazy and its already weird to think of our life without her. This her at one week!









And yesterday at two weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe it's already been 2 weeks. By the way you look great in all these pictures. You looked awesome after the delivery! I'm glad Ben's back in town. Hope you guys have a good week!!

    ReplyDelete